11/12/2010

Family Updates/ Stuff

So what is going on in the extended family you might ask?? So here it goes Kassaundra and Dakota found out that their baby is a little girl! So when the baby is born we will have 6 nieces and 4 nephews! Mom had Gaul bladder surgery and is recovering well! Our niece Emma just turned 3! Thanksgiving and Christmas are on their way and I can't wait for our first official holiday season together. We are doing thanksgiving with our friends Vallyn and Matt and then Christmas with my mother and little brother.
I can not even begin to tell you how much I love the Christmas season. The first thing I love is putting up the Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. Last year my family sucked and was apathetic about the holidays in general, it made me sad. Then we went to Kansas' parents and the whole family was there and it was so Christmasy and I loved it except for the real tree but thats only because I'm allergic to evergreen. I love everything about Christmas time, the bustling shopping malls, the smell of vanilla, cinnamon, baked goods, its the smell of happiness. Pure happiness. I love just sitting in the dark with the tree lit up, with Christmas carols playing. I also love the feeling of love that Christmas brings you can feel it in the air like energy vibrating all around us.
Some people say that valentines day is the most romantic time of year but I don't agree I think that Christmas is the most romantic time of year there are snow, fires, and of course that love vibration thing.
My favorite thing about this time of year is that it celebrates the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, one of the greatest gifts the world has ever received.


No comments:

Post a Comment