10/15/2010

Continuing the background

So We started going on dates and Kansas called me his girlfriend after about a week and a half. Kansas loves to act and sing so he participates in the Out Law Trail theater every summer.I started going to play practice because it was the only way I got to see him. Less than 3 months into our relationship we started talking about marriage, we hadn't made a decision on whether or not to get married before I met his family. First I met Dakota his brother and Kassandra his sister in law and their kids Hazel and Jaiten. I also met Daniel his best bud and basically adopted brother. This was in the end of June. Kassandra liked me. That was in the end of June. Then I met Tiffany his oldest sister and her Husband Ben and their kids Malachi, Mahonri, Melanie, and Emma. Then a few days later I met his mother Penny, his father Shane, his younger sister Shasta, and His youngest sister Trisha. They all came out to see Kansas in his play. After the play was over his parents and I were talking and they asked me how serious we were and I told them that we were serious but just dating for now. The next day Kansas' mom, dad, and younger sisters left to go to Navoo Illinois, they were goign to come back through and drop Shasta off to stay after their trip.
Kansas then asked me that if he asked me to marry him what would I say and I said that I would say yes. Then 3 days later after the final performance of the play Kansas asked me if I thought it would have been awesome if he pulled me on stage and proposed to me and I was like no I would have said no, he asked why and I told him that I hate public proposals. He then pushed me up against his car and said will you marry me? and I started laughing and asked if he was serious. He replied yes, Will you marry me? and I said yes, I love you. That night when we got to my place we went online and started looking at rings and we asked Kassandra where her and Dakota got their rings and told he not to tell anyone, we wanted to tell his parents when they came back to town.
In a few days his parents were back in town and we were all at dinner and his parents asked us so we heard you are engaged? Kansas was like did Kassandra tell you? because we wanted to tell you ourselves tonight! They said yes and congratulations.
We had been dating for over a year by the time we got married which in the mormon world is unheard of practically.
And Now we have been married for about 2 and a half months and have decided to start a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment